The Rotary Club of Gerringong Sunrise runs many community events throughout the year. These events not only raise funds for our philanthropic activities, but are important in themselves and are highly valued in the Gerringong-Gerroa community.
In the 2015/16 financial year the club donated over $55,000 to various organisations, charities and worthwhile causes.
As well as the brief descriptions below, there are photos in the Gallery on this site for some of the activities. If you would like more information or would like to participate in any of our projects, contact us and a Rotarian will get back to you.
You don't need to be a member of Gerringong Rotary to play a vital role.
Gerringong Rotary and Nowra Rotary are joining in a project to support farmers who experience severe hardship due to the ongoing drought. We are fundraising to provide financial help and hands-on activities where needed for farmers in the southern and western areas of NSW. All donations are greatly appreciated and every dollar donated means a dollar to a farmer in need. You can donate directly to Rotary Gerringong BSB 012628 AcctNr 108994895 - please write 'farmers' in the comments section.
For more information contact Christa Wood on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0416 202 678.Read more...
The Gerringong Village Market is held on the third Saturday of every month, from 8:00am to 2.00pm in and around the Gerringong Town Hall in the beautiful town centre.Read more...
- Polio Plus, the Rotary campaign to eradicate polio from the world. Donation $2638
- Shelterbox: A fantastic program which drops Shelterboxes into areas affected by natural disasters. The Shelterbox contains a ten person dome tent, bedding, light, heat, cooking aids, clean water kit, tools and children's activity pack. Donation $5000
- RAWCS/ Village Aide (Rotary Australia World Community Service).Donation$500
- Interplast: Voluntary medical teams who carry out plastic and reconstructive surgery and deliver training in developing countries. Donation $1000
- ARHRF (Australian Rotary Health Fund)
- Zumalai Friendship Group (East Timor)
- Rotarians Against Malaria (RAM), in which Gerringong Sunrise Rotary Club donates mosquito nets impregnated with insect repellent to villagers in Papua New Guinea
- Medang PNG . Provision blankets and other material needs and financial assistance provided through Kiama Rotary Club.Donation $2500
- Samsing India. This club project which in 2015/16 is providing on going financial help to support community projects. Donation over $10,000
- Tabitha Foundation. To build a house in Cambodia July 2016. Donation $1700
- and many more worthwhile projects around the world.
- SCARF Illawarra
- Maintenance of Bilya Reserve, a Rotary Park in Elambra Estate adjacent to the public school
- Seniors Week concert at Mayflower Retirement Village
- Social Dancing for People with Dementia
- helping elderly people in difficult circumstances with gardening etc
- helping with the Mayflower Retirement Village Fete... and many more.